Thursday 18 December 2014

Hot Mumma!

No other reason for this post but to rant and rave about the weather. It is hot, hot, hot! The kind of murky heat that leaves you feeling lethargic and wanting to die on the couch.

I suppose we could just leave the air-conditioning on all day, but the last electricity bill came up to about $300 even with a big solar system installed. So it is cutting down I'm afraid.

According to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, it was about 36 degrees Celsius yesterday here in Brisbane, 35 today and looking like a possible storm brewing, and predicted 36 deg c for tomorrow. Arrgh!

Oh, before I forget, I received an sms message from my doctors office to make a Non-Urgent appointment to discuss test results. Non-urgent... yeah right. My head knows that it is in relation to my blood test I did a week ago and all is good except that the results of my chicken pox immunity was yet to come in. It will be the doctor telling me I may need another round of chicken-pox vaccination. (I had them done when I was about 23. I'm 38 now.)

However my heart is playing with me. Imagining all sorts of horrible news imaginable that I could receive. I'm not usually crazy and am quite a rational person by and large. Must be the heat, have to cool down. Off to have a cold bath with a glass of lemon ice tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment