Thursday 18 December 2014

Introduction

During my late teens and early twenties, I would find myself praying I would not get pregnant after a drunken night of forgotten condoms. Funny how, now that I am in my late thirties, the subject of my prayers have not changed, simply the outcome. Now I pray for a positive pregnancy test, cry when my period comes and stress both myself and my wonderful hubby with ovulation test kits.

"Don't worry about it, try not to stress, it will happen when it happens." from the more understanding friends. "When are you going to have a baby? Your mother wants a grandchild." from the not so tactful aunties and older relatives. It's not easy when all your friends seem to be having babies so easily, especially when you want to have a child of your own with the man you love more than anything. As I have always been able to express myself more with pen and paper than speaking about things, this blog will  be my attempt at de-stressing and centering myself.

Hopefully I will be able to entertain and provide my experience as I regale you with tales of my baby journey. Laugh with me, cry with me, learn from me and teach me. Welcome to my world, sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment